May 6, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$

DIY Pop Dots by Rachel
Last week I found myself without any foam pop dots and I decided to make my own. Here is how I did it: Two strips of cardstock with adhesive:






Fold the cardstock on itself until you reach the desired thickness:









You will have a small piece of cardstock such as this, apply the piece of cardstock to the desired surface:


You will have a fabulous popped up flower




If you use this or any other Scrap Our Stash Frugal Tip please share your project. We would love to post it here. If you have a frugal tip you'd like to share - please send pictures and a description to scrappinpsycho@live.com. You could be featured as our next Frugal Friday Tip.

10 comments:

  1. Great idea Rachel! Do you know how many times I misplace my popup dots and get so mad. Never thought of this idea. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great idea, Rachel. Pop dots always seem to go missing here, too (or I seem to use way too many!).

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a great idea - it would probably work better than real pop dots on larger items.

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great idea! I like the fact that you can make it as thick as you want it! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great idea....and who doesn't have scrap paper sitting around? :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great tip! I would have never thought to use cardstock!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great idea... I seem to go through a lot of pop dots...so many that I just bought myself a huge roll of that 3M tape. But sometimes, I find myself stacking it to get it higher.. This is a great idea to make your own height! and with the folds, you could even make it "springy"..you know like a bobble-head... hmm......that'd be cute under a little character (animal) or something.... I feel inspiration sneaking in.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful money saving tip! Awesome idea! Thanks so much for sharing!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rachel, this is so great!!!!

    Not only we can save money, but also you can make them the same color of the background.

    Thanks for the awesome idea!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Great idea Rachel, and a perfect use for all those scraps!

    ReplyDelete