May 20, 2010

$$Frugal Friday Tip$$



Clay Buttons by Jamie

I saw Jamie's post on these buttons and thought they would make a great Frugal Friday Tip. This is what Jamie posted on her blog "I was at Joann's the other day and they had Transparent Fimo on clearance for $0.97 for the big bundles! Just $0.97! I haven't worked much with clay (unless play-doh counts!) but I have always been intrigued by it - so how could I possibly pass up this deal! We all know that we can't use coupons on sale/clearance items...which would explain the "pasta maker" now sitting on my art table! Now that I have the clay and I can make it all the same thickness what else could I do but make BUTTONS!
Of course, these are just my first attempts but I am really enjoying it! I baked them for 30 minutes at 230 degrees and then grabbed my Copic Sketch Markers, my air compressor, and my Copic airbrush kit and started playing! After I got them 'painted' I took them outside and placed a coating of acrylic sealer on them and let them dry! How cool is it that you can match buttons exactly to the color of your Copic colorings! Yep - I will definetly be making more...lots more! Check out Jamie Lane's blog for even more buttons.
Do you have a frugal tip you'd like to share? Just email the tip - along with pictures to scrappinpsycho@live.com . We'd love to share it. If you complete a project using this or any of our other Frugal Friday Tips - please share it - we'd love to post it here.
Don't miss our May "Get out of your Box" Challenge or our Scrap Our Stash Sketch Challenge. See all the details below.

10 comments:

  1. Great buy! I love how cool your buttons look and to be able to match them to your colorsings is awesome. I need to get my hands on some copics! tfs I will check out your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't beat 97 cents! wow! Those buttons look so cute! Thanks for sharing such a great tip with us!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's awesome! You're such an enabler! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cute...love they way those look....and you could do diff shapes and emboss patterns into them....omg.... look what you did..you got me going!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This such a cool idea! I wish we had a Joann's here in Canada.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are awesome - I actually found some clay for 50 cents! Now - to use it!

    Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Those are awesome!!! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. A very cool tip! Great find on the clay too!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very cool to be able to match with your Copics and what a great buy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice buttons!! Thanks for sharing! I wish I had time to make my own.

    ReplyDelete