May 10, 2010

I Love You by Amy

Posted by PicasaDesign Team Member Amy created this layout for the "Get Out of Your Box" Challenge. She said, "I've used glimmer mist in the past, but i was always "safe" in the way i used it. Recently, i volunteered at a scrapbook convention and one of the classes i volunteered in was a tattered angels class. I learned so many cool ways to use glimmer mist! Suddenly, i wanted to mist everything!!! I created this layout by first making my own masks using my cricut. I adhered my masks to the cardstock and sprayed the whole thing with "black magic" glimmer mist. I used a paper towel to soak up some of the excess and took my masks off. And that is how i created my very own custom patterned paper using glimmer mist. I just accented the snowflakes with jewels, glitter and glossy accents and finished my page"!


Amy was so excited about Glimmer Mist - that she is providing a bottle as a Prize. The winner will be randomly chosen from any reader that submits a project for the May Challenge.


Now it's your turn to take the challenge and become eligible for the prize. See all the details in May Challenge below.

11 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Amy! I love how the paper looks. My cousin uses glitter mist all the time too, I haven't ventured into this stage of scrapping yet, looks like something I really have to try. great picture and I love the snowflakes! tfs

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty!! I love how you made your own masks with the cricut...I need to try that too! I also really like how you accented the snowflakes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is soooo pretty. I love how you used the Glimmer Mist to create a mask. I love this picture - it is so obvious "You are in LOVE"

    Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous page!! Did you stitch the word love? I like how you positioned it. I have been wanting to get some Glimmer Mist!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your layout is so beautiful. I love what you did with the glimmer mist. I have not tried creating my own masks, but I try to use some of my supplies as mask.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I haven't tried Glimmer Mist either. Looks great on this page though. Love all the elements on this page.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your stitched title - gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh Amy, I love your misting job. and the title is also amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Until tonight, didn't know what glimmer mist was. I learned two things so far today. It is a really good day....not sure I will ever use the two things I have learned but I learned the word ubiquitous. (I now love that word though)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love your layout - it is gorgeous! What a great use of glimmer mist (one of my favorite products too).

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love how your photo warms up the LO.

    ReplyDelete