May 12, 2010

May Challenge

Bloom where you are planted by Kimmarie

Posted by Picasa
Design Team Member Kimmarie submitted a second project for the "Get Out of Your Box" Challenge. Here is what she said, "I took this picture of my daughter, Sara last Mother's Day. I try to always find a color in a layout that I can use as a focal color for my layout. I was going to use the pink from the bush but my cousin talked me into using the purple on Sara's shirt so it would stand out. I didn't have any purple pattern paper at all because I never scrap with purple, just not my style. She had just recently purchased a DCWV 8 x 8 paper pack (I forget which one it was) but it came with these purple papers so she gave them to me to use. I also used Stampin Up Ink, Punch and a White Rub-on.
Thanks for looking, now it's your turn to do something Outside your box, or use something that you normally wouldn't use.
Don't forget to vote for the Spring Cleaning Challenge winner - and leave a comment or follow for a chance at the May Flowers prize package from our Sponsor "A Little Bit of This and That" - see all the details below.

7 comments:

  1. I love the purple you used. I've seen those papers too...they are super pretty. Beautiful girl and photo too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. great job...using the purple keeps the focus on your daughter and really makes the pretty flowers pop!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is sooooo pretty. I too have a "purple problem" (as I call it).... love it...can't scrap with it!! Love how you used it here...great photo too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. great job! I love the purple patterned papers! They coordinate so well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Kim,
    wow, I would've used a color based on the flowers to. But, look at this, it worked, you cousin was right!!!!!!
    I loooooove he color combo!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great page - the purple is just right - and like many of the other's I'd have gone with the pink!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like your different color choice, it really draws attention to that beautiful bush!

    ReplyDelete