May 24, 2010

May Challenge

Thank You Card by Belinda

Posted by Picasa

Reader Belinda submitted this card for the May "Get Out of Your Box" Challenge. Here is what she said about her project. "This was such a fun challenge and I'm sure I'll be challenging myselfto reach outside the box more in the future!



Out of the box items:



STYLE I decided to try something that wasn't my style -- I'm a CAS stamperin case you haven't noticed. This card is totally not my style(definitely more scrappy) but I love trying things that aren't me.It's like how when I was a kid, I'd hop around the basement playingdress-up with my mom's old dresses and hop around in her insanely highheels.



NO HOARDING I am one of those totally guilty of buying patterned paper because it's pretty (and hoarding it). I tell my husband that at least paper is so much cheaper than a cute skirt... Normally my projects have very minimal patterned paper. So today I decided to pull my papers out and create a card where much of the design is coming from the patterned papers The colors are so fun though, aren't they? I really should pull my patterned papers out more often!



ROSETTE The other thing that's new is the rosette base. I've seen lots of rosettes created and I finally decided to do one myself. I created a rosette flower by cutting a strip of 12 by 12 paper. I scored it every 1/2 inch and border punched the edges. More information on the card is here."



Now it's your turn to take the Challenge. See all the details below in "May Challenge".

9 comments:

  1. what a lovely card. not the usual belindasque style, but the card is fab. many many fun colors that are fresh and bold. and the rosette is wonderful. will you have a tutorial?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pretty Card! I love the different colors together. I have to tray one of those flowers as well, they always add a nice touch to projects. tfs

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love everything about this card! The colors are fabulous and the patterned go together so well! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So elegant! I love this card! Thanks for playing along with us!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great card - and we'd love if you would share a tutorial on how to make the rosette.

    Thanks for sharing with us here!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So out of the box for your Belinda, and I also know this isn't your usual cheery color palette for sure. Still has the great Belinda creativity though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very pretty card! I like the bright colors with the black/white background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Belinda..this is sooo beautiful!! I love everything about it!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. belinda this is a gorgeous card! I love the black and pink together!!!

    ReplyDelete