May 30, 2010

May Challenge

It's the Climb by Tere

Design Team Member Tere submitted this layout for the May "Get Out of Your Box" Challenge. Here is her description:

After much thinking about what my "out of the box" was... I decided to go easy on myself.

I used a song title as my inspiration. I've scrapped about my favorite singer, my favorite songs, but never knew how to use a title or the lyrics of a song for a layout.

"It's the climb" ( Miley Cyrus) is one of our favorite songs in our family. And I love when my son uses it to remind us that sometimes things in life are just "another mountain" and that "It's the climb" that matters.

Also outside my box, was using more embellishments.

Posted by Picasa
It's not too late. Take the "Get Out of Your Box" Challenge and submit your project before today's deadline. See all the details below.

6 comments:

  1. Loving this layout!!! (Love the Nikki Sivils butterflys... one of my fave manufacturers.....you should be sure to submit this to their blog, Tere!!) Great job!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the scallop circle with the innercircle and clouds with butterflies. I love that song as well. Great Layout!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool page - and I love the idea of using the song title - and the picutre is a great representation of the song - - -

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the scalloped edge and the glitter! Fabulous to use a song for journaling!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tere, i really love how you incorporated a song with your layout. I also really love the circle design. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful layout Tere! I see people using song titles all the time but, like you, I have a hard time with them. Your choice is very fitting for your layout!

    ReplyDelete