May 31, 2010

May Challenge

6 x 12" Layouts by Kimmarie & Joni "One of our DT members, Joni, challenged us to do a 6 x 12 layout. Since I had already completed a few creations for this month, I decided to play around with this size. At first, I had a bit of trouble because I wanted to use 3 pictures on one layout which wouldn't fit no matter how I tried. Finally, I just picked 2 pictures and went with it. To my surprise, I completed the layout within 15 minutes. I loved how simple it was to do. I decided not to use too many embellishments. Since I finished so quickly, I used 2 other pictures that went with the first layout and made a second one. Two layouts in less then a half hour including hidden journaling on both, woohoo!

I also used Rachel's Frugal Friday Tip ~ DIY Pop Up Dots. I was too lazy to get off the couch to go find my pop up dots, so I decided to try Rachel's idea. It worked great!

Thanks for the tip Rachel."

Kimmarie
Posted by Picasa
"Since I always do 12x12, I decided to do a "different" size layout to get out of my box....and so I went for a "weird' size too! 6x12

This was fun and can be done vertical or horizontal.... Here's what I came up with."

Joni
Have you tried a new size lately? Share your new size layout with us and if you use any of our Frugal Friday Tips, point it out to us. Have a great day!

3 comments:

  1. Oh I LOVE how the 6x12 layouts look! I want to try this size now!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. great size choice. That was definitely looks like a challenge! And it's nice to get away from the "square" every once and awhile. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, these layouts are awesome! And a very unique size.

    ReplyDelete