September 15, 2010

September Challenge by Ren-Yi

I am absolutely thrilled when I received my set of Half-Pint Heroes from Claire. I was a lucky winner and received two random sets in the new September release. I don't know how Claire knew which to send me, but I was so beyond myself when I received my stamps in the mail, that I was jumping up and down like a little kid. My houseguest probably thought I was weird - or he is getting used to my stunts. Half-Pint Heroes are one of my favorites that made my "to purchase" list came.

So what better to show-case my new
Waltzingmouse Stamps then to play in the next Waltzingmouse Sketch Challenge? Right...? And I knew I wanted to play with the little car...

My heart almost sank when I saw this sketch, where is my car going to go? But, guess what? If you tilt your held by 90 degrees I have a long enough card to make a road for the car to play.

Driving By Saying Hi
The inception of the green, grassy field was also inspired by the September Border Punch challenge from Scrap Our Stash. In the Waltzingmouse Sketch, there was also a scalloped border that immediately screamed "border punch!" And then I had a vision - sitting in a car zipping past fun fields of flowers and how scenic it was. Those were some of my favorite childhood road trip moments. So converting a scalloped border into a field of green was just "au naturale." I love how I can stretch my border punches to do more than just fancy up a border. Scalloped borders make also good fake water waves...
Driving By Saying Hi
Material deets are on my blog. So what other fun ways do you use your border punches? Do share...! And if you haven't submitted for the September challenge, get crackin'!

9 comments:

  1. Ren-Yi, this is super cute!
    I always rotate the sketches to make workable for me, if I have to.

    Love your card, and I love the grass made with punched orders!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a super cute card! I love the little car stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So cute Ren-Yi!! I love how you used the border punch to make the grass! Very creative. Stacy H-W

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - you are so creative - love the idea of using the border punch for the grass - your so cleaver!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This card is adorable!!! Love the car and also how you used your punch for the grass! Very creative!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yay for your win! This is a super fun card!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everyone- thank you for your sweet comments. ::blush blush:: Remember when I did my first sketch and i was terrified? you guys have helped boost my confidence and now i'm an addict :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the use of your border punch to make grass! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete