April 15, 2011

April Bring In The Sun Challenge by Stacy H-W



Design Team Member Stacy submitted this layout for the April Bring in the The Challenge. She said: Here is my take on the April's Bring in the Sunshine Challenge.




When I first found out about this challenge I was a little disappointed because I had just made a layout with the theme "sunshine". (I was disappointed not in what the challenge was but in that I had already made and posted that other layout)


But I saw this awesome sketch at Pagemaps (March 2009) and I loved the idea of using a large photo. The sketch had this half circle which was just calling out to become a sun.


The Sassafras Lass Sweetly Smitten paper was the perfect fit with what I had in mind. It had "fake" stitching but I wanted to turn that half circle into a sun so I got out my needle and embossing thread and got busy sewing.


I'm really into stapling on ribbon so I dragged out my ginormous stapler and stapled away at that piece of green ribbon I chose from my stash. I added the title from some Cosmo Cricket Delovely paper and those sweet flowers are Puffies from KI Memories. I had to ink and stickle it too. I just love how it came out. So happy and sunshiny!!


Here is my April Challenge. Where is yours?? See all the details on the April Challenge HERE! Be sure to scroll down - there is something new at Scrap Our Stash everyday.

8 comments:

  1. this is great -- love the spring colors and the picture is awesome

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute layout! I love that you stapled your ribbon. I may have to try that!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute layout! Love the ribbon and stitching!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cute - love the quote - and you really pulled off the look of a sun with the circle!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a sweet photo! I love the sun peeking out on the right side with the hand stitching!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous!! Love the hand stitched rays!! and the vertical design of the layout is fab!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love the long lines of the photo and papers - great design

    ReplyDelete