April 24, 2012

April Spring Fling - Stacy H-W

Design Team Member Stacy H-W submitted this layout for the April SPRING FLING Challenge. She said:



Hi everyone!!  Stacy here and I'm so happy that I am posting a second time this month!  I just love the open idea of a Spring Fling challenge.  I decided to work outside of my personal box this time by doing a layout with photos of only flowers.  I never do a layout without a photo of a person but I live in Las Vegas and spring arrived here a while ago. In fact, we are working our way into summer already.  Everything is blooming.  I know when you think of Vegas you don't think of blooming flowers but we do have them!! LOL
I can't seem to help myself from taking photos of blooming flowers even though I know I never do anything with them.  Well, this time I decided to dedicate a layout to flowers blooming in spring.
I started with some gorgeous patterned paper from My Mind's Eye - Miss Caroline collection.  YUMMY!!  It just screams spring doesn't it?!


The sketch is one of the sketches we are working with in the 28 Days of Sketches class I'm taking online at BigPictureClasses.  I love starting with a sketch because it just seems to get my creativity off and running.  How about you??  Do you use sketches for inspiration?


I finished up my layout with some flowers and bling from my stash.  I just love those pearls on a roll from Recollections I bought last week for 40% off at Michael's!!  Since they were so cheap I decided to be extravagant with them on here.  ha


I hope you enjoy my layout.  Thanks so much for stopping by and looking! 


Until next time...happy scrapping!


Now it's your turn to take the April SPRING FLING Challenge. The April Challenge is anything to do with SPRING FLING. The possibilities are endless. Anything goes! So think SPRING FLING and take the challenge. To participate in the April SPRING FLING Challenge - just email a picture of your project along with a description to Scrappinpsycho@live.com

 All submissions will be posted to The Scrap Our Stash blog and on April 30th a winner will be chosen, and given the opportunity to be a Guest Design Team Member for the month of June. This challenge ends at midnight central time on April 30th.

7 comments:

  1. Your flower pictures are lovely and so is your layout!!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very pretty flowers! I really like how you embellished your letters! I use sketches all the time for inspiration! Love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely layout ... beautiful photos of flowers and the patterned paper is gorgeous too. Like that you've used two flower embellishments in the word 'bloom' - nice touch. Up till now, I haven't used sketches for inspiration but maybe I should if I can make pages like this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous photos! Love the added flowers as embellishment.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this layout! It screams spring. Great photos and pretty product choices. Those are gorgeous flowers. The colors are wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute - I like the way you used the flowers as your Os too~

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a great LO, I love all the flowers you used, as well as your photos--just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete