May 23, 2012

Help! Looking for a new owner for Scrap Our Stash

It is with sadness that I post this.

After much thought, I have decided to quit Scrap Our Stash. It has become more of a obligation and less enjoyable over the last 6 months. It has nothing to do with the actual blog or the great people that have kept it going so successfully - it's just where I am in my life.

I think SOS is a great blog and it has fulfilled my original goal to allow anyone who wants to to be "published" and have an opportunity to be on a design team to do just that. With that being said, I would really like to see it continue - but without me as the source. What I would like is if someone would step up and take it over. I'm not sure how that all works - but if it can be done by just signing it over to someone that is what I would like to do. I would step completely out - and just be a reader and occasional submitter. If this is something you think you would be interested in please email me at Scrappinipsycho@live.com. Once I see if there is an interest in keeping it going - I will determine how I will step down. I would prefer that the person who takes over is someone familiar with SOS and someone I feel would be capable of keeping it going.


My plan is to continue through June. At this time the June Challenge will not have a winner unless I can find someone to continue the blog. If I choose someone to take over - this may be modified in order to have reader submissions and the chance at being on the July GDT (this will be decided by the new owner). If no one agrees to take on the responsibility of running SOS then I will end it on June 30th.


Please let me know if this is a responsibility you would like to take on.

As always ~
Later,
Kathy

5 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry to hear this, Kathy. I'm sure it was a lot of work for you to maintain this blog. I greatly enjoyed visiting and reading this blog so I hope someone will take over the duties of keeping it going.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will be missed Kathy. But I can imagine the work that goes into it. I too hope someone will be willing to come forth and reign!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think it will be hard to find someone with the same passion as us devoted scrappers. Thank you for all you have done to make this a fun place to pick up a challenge or two and to gain inspiration from others.
    Your work to keep this running has been truly appreciated!
    Good luck in your new adventure.

    ReplyDelete