December 13, 2016

"Very Merry Christmas" Layout by DT Aurelie Cormier

Today we are sharing a beautiful layout created by talented SOS Designer Aurelie
inspired by the 
December Book Inspired Stash Challenge:

Aurelie:
"Very much inspired by the holiday feel to the inspiration piece, I opted to search my stash of Christmas photos from years past. I've always particularly loved this photo of our son, Louis-Olivier, taken five years ago during Christmastime, but I had yet to scrap it. Perfect! I then went "shopping" in my stash (as I and a dear scrappy friend call it!), and found My Mind's Eye's Christmas on Market Street collection, c. 2015. I hadn't even broken into it, yet! I've always loved the color palette in this collection and that 12X12 background piece reminded me of the green background on the inspiration piece so away I went. I positioned nine different 6X6 patterned pieces in a grid formation (from the MME collection, but also from Simple Stories' SN@P! Basics collection). I then stitched a snowflake using a template a made myself and some DMC floss and layered some Stampin' Up and The Paper Company vellum pieces beneath my photo. I then layered some of the MME collection's enamel dots, cardstock stickers and chipboard elements along with the title I made using a brand new Close to My Heart die (L-O-V-E!) on top of the grid. Can't forget those journalling strips made with some Stampin' Up cardstock. 
And how about those swirvy borders on each vertical side of the layout? Love how they bring the focus straight to the photo. Kudos to the inspiration piece for that one! ;) And the stash challenge? As mentioned above, I used enamel dots and yes, one of the pieces of patterned paper is indeed striped. SO very happy with how this layout turned out. Nothing complicated. Simple, yet totally complete. Hope it inspired you to dig through those older photos you love and get them scrapped using pieces in your stash you have yet to use."
\
And the challenge that inspired this awesome layout:
Inspired by Aurelie's layout and/or the challenge and want to play along,
click HERE for complete challenge details and rules.

With just a little less than two weeks away from Christmas, I hope you get
a chance to play along.   The team would love to see how this month's
BOOK COVER inspires each of you.

Return tomorrow for more design team inspiration.
Enjoy the rest of your week!

No comments:

Post a Comment